Saturday, January 22, 2011

Broccoli Salad

By: Hessed Pearl Yune Kim

Ingredients:

3 crowns of broccoli
1/2 large red onion
½ cup of nuts (your choice: sometimes I use almond slices/slivers, pecans or walnuts)
6-8 slices of bacon
½ cup craisins
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup of mayo
3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
3-4 tablespoons sugar


Cut up the broccoli heads into little pieces. Chop the onion fine. Chop up the bacon while raw into little pieces and then fry up until crispy…I usually add the nuts in with the bacon and fry them together. Let the mixture cool off a bit. Start placing all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Add the craisins, cheese, mayo, vinegar and sugar to the other ingredients and mix. I usually taste as I go because my measurements are kind of eyeballed. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment