Saturday, January 22, 2011

Potato Salad


By: Hessed Pearl Yune Kim

Ingredients:

8-10 medium potatoes (peeled and chopped into large cubes)
6-8 hard boiled eggs
1 medium sized onion (chopped fine--I usually use red onions)
1 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup-½ cup sweet relish (depending upon how much tartness you want)
1 T Dijon mustard
1 T salt
2 tsp pepper


Boil eggs and potatoes. Once they are cooked and drained, place in a large mixing bowl. When adding the eggs into the bowl, open each egg and take the yolk out so that the white part and yolk is separated for the mixing stage. Add the onions. Add all other ingredients and mix. If the potatoes appear too large in size after mixing, I use a masher to kind of break down some of those larger chunks of potatoes. Also, I taste as I go, so if some of my eyeballed measurements above do not quite cut it after tasting, then add a little more of this and that. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment